Easy Joy Behar Lasagna Recipe
Easy Joy Behar Lasagna Recipe
Today Recipes | Easy Joy Behar Lasagna Recipe – No question this is an outstanding lasagna. I have had lasagna quite a lot in my life and this one is at the top. The secret, or not so secret, to this recipe is the sauce. I also love love love a good chicken parm and this will be the sauce I will use for my chicken parm from now on. I did make a couple changes that I don’t think changed anything. One, reduce the salt content…it calls for too much. Two, use fresh herbs it worth the extra $.
In building the lasagna, I tried to slash out some of the fat. It wouldn’t be the same with any other meat than is called for so I went after the cheese to reduce the fat and cholesterol. I used non-fat ricotta cheese and lower fat mozz. I still went with the regular parmigiana cheese, however. Other than that I went with the recipe which I almost never do. Give this one a try if you like good dishes like this. Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
30 Minutes 2 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey, 93% lean
- Nonstick oil spray
- 24 ounces (1 large jar) your favorite tomato or marinara sauce
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 20 ounces frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained of water
- 9 whole-grain lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1½ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Baby spinach leaves, for garnish
- Star-shaped bell peppers, for garnish
- Cherry tomatoes, halved, for garnish
Try this too: Easy Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
- Cook the turkey in a medium nonstick pan coated with nonstick oil spray over medium heat until there is no pink remaining. Make sure to crumble the turkey as it’s cooking with rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Drain off fat.
- Add the marinara sauce plus 1/2 cup water to the pan with the cooked turkey. Mix thoroughly, cover and shut off heat, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, egg white, garlic powder, pepper, basil, and oregano. Add the drained spinach and mix again thoroughly.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of meat sauce (about 1/2 cup) and place 3 of the uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with half of the spinach-ricotta mixture and about 1 cup of the meat sauce mixture, then a layer of 3 more noodles. Top with the remaining spinach-ricotta mixture and the remaining 3 lasagna noodles. Pour the remaining meat sauce over the top. Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of water around the edge of the pan (this will cook the noodles), and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. (TIP: Spray the inner side of tin foil with nonstick oil spray before covering the lasagna so the cheese doesn’t stick to the top.)
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for 30 more minutes. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add baby spinach leaves on top in the shape of a Christmas tree and decorate with star-shaped bell peppers and sliced cherry tomatoes as ornaments. Serve and enjoy!
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Joy Behar Lasagna Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.