Wegmans Chili Recipe
Wegmans Chili Recipe
Todayrecipes.co | Wegmans Chili Recipe – I have made this Turkey Chili many times and have recently altered the recipe to make it spicy for my spice loving family. Instead of two cans of diced tomatoes I replaced one with a can of “diced tomatoes & green chilies”. I have also used turkey sausage in it as well and that is delicious too! Nutritious, delicious and the leftovers go fast in our house! The longer the chili sets, the better it tastes! I make it every other week. Getting ready to make another batch now and figured I’d review and suggest this recipe, Enjoy!
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 1 Hour 5 Minutes
For the sauce
- 2 Tbsp Wegmans Pure Olive Oil
- 2 lbs Food You Feel Good About Fresh Ground Turkey
- 12 cloves Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Peeled Garlic, minced
- 2 (about 1 lb total) sweet red peppers, cored, seeded, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 pkgs (7 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Diced Green Peppers
- 2 pkgs (7 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Chopped Onions
- 2 Tbsp hot Mexican-style chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Asian Classics Soy Sauce
- 6 Food You Feel Good About Bay Leaves (or 2 dried)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Wegmans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 container (32 oz) Food You Feel Good About Chicken Culinary Stock
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in large stockpot on MED-HIGH until oil faintly smokes. Add ground turkey. Crumble and sear until lightly browned, about 5 min.
- Add garlic, peppers, and onions to browned ground turkey. Stir in chili powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, bay leaves, cloves, and cumin.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to simmer; add beans. Continue to simmer, uncovered, on MED-LOW about 45 min, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves. Ladle chili into warmed bowls; serve.
Chili tastes even better the next day when the flavors have melded, so save some for leftovers or make it a day ahead. For added spice, substitute hatch chilies for green peppers.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Wegmans Chili Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.